Monday, October 21, 2013

Taobao Nail Haul Preview

So I've been obsessed lately with shopping on Taobao, a Chinese ebay/amazon sort of place. I won't really go into much detail on how to order from them since there's a whole bunch of tutorials and explanations floating around the web already. Though the agent I use is called TaobaoTrends. I highly recommend them as their website is super easy to navigate (no excel sheet), their English is extremely good and easy to understand (figures they are located in Hong Kong), and they're extremely fast at answering me back whenever I have questions or concerns (mostly within 24 hours, but depending on the time there I sometimes get answered within 1-3 hours). 

There are just so many cute things that I want there and it's a fraction of the cost that I would pay here in the US. Unfortunately shipping can add up really quick, but I like to go for registered airmail so depending on what I'm getting the price I'd pay for shipping is between $7-$40 rather than EMS of $30-$100+. This doesn't include the domestic shipping that I would have to pay for the items to get to my agent. Though there are some stores that offer free shipping whether it is a discount they offer daily or after purchasing over a certain amount. 


Anyways I ended up doing an order on just Deco Nails from a store called Nail Green City. This place has a lot for under 10RMB (less than $2)! I also ordered some bras, but this blog will focus on the goodies that I bought from the store. This is just a preview to share what I bought lately. I will post an actual review once I get them, but for now it's to share with you all my recent finds and obsession haha. 

One of my favorite finds is this sweet deco nail set. 


One thing that you'll notice a lot later on with this blog is that I have an obsession with collecting rabbit related things. So of course once I saw this I had to have it!

These ones were only 3RMB ($0.51)! The whale pattern is also super cute! 

I got set 21 here. It's the one with the bear on it! 


I'm  not really too keen on Hello Kitty, but I saw these and I thought they were super cute! 


Ice cream pattern! I thought this one would be fun to wear to work since I wear bright shirts and pants. 


Cartoonish clouds, bats, ghosts, and skulls oh my! These would have been super fun for Halloween, but they won't get here until after (._.).


I love Tokidoki so when I saw these and that they were on clearance I just had to add them!


That's it for the fake nail sets. I also got some other things like nail decals, glue, and nail stickies. Overall I got about 12 items from Green City which came out to about $15.84. I think that's pretty good considering that in the US fake nails tend to cost between $5-$20. The sweet deco nail set is sometimes between $20-$30 on places like ebay, Amazon, and Etsy. So I'm pretty happy with what I got and can't wait till they get here to try them on! Look forward to it!






No comments:

Post a Comment