Monday, April 14, 2014

Primark (Penneys) Haul

Hey everyone! Happy Spring! 

Today I want to share with you all my Primark haul. For those in the US Primark is a huge retailer in the UK that is similar to Forever 21 and H&M. Just recently (early March) I took a family trip to London, England, which was a lot of fun! Now London is pretty expensive considering that the Pound is much stronger than the US dollar (exchange rate at the time was about $1.68 to £1. Everything was almost twice as expensive in England compared to what we pay here, but despite that I still wanted to squeeze in some shopping! Hence while I was there I discovered Primark right on Oxford Street, near the Marble Arch subway station. This place was crazy, packed with people from locals to other tourists and just full of the latest fashions and all between £1-£15! I bought a lot of things, but only a few of them will I review here as most of it was lingerie XD. 

Bags! 

First thing up are the bags that I bought at Primark. 



First bag I got was this large black side bag. The material is pretty light, but quite durable and it can fit a lot inside! It's probably as large as a regular sized backpack. I like it since it's great for casual wear and traveling (can fit my DSLR in it <3 ). This was probably my most expensive buy too at £12.


Second bag I got is this vintage looking cutie here. I love this one. It seems small but can fit everything I need inside of it! It also looks like it's made with real leather, but it's synthetic. Also smells like leather too! Overall there was some super amazing quality that went into this bag for just £8.


Inside is nicely lined too. Love what I think is a 60's - 70s type pattern. 


Last bag is one of those recyclable/reusable bags for shopping. These were  £1.50 each and came in a variety of patterns. Of course they all had London related designs, which made them perfect for souvenirs for family and friends! My mother and I bought a couple of them, but this is the one I kept for myself. Yay for saving the environment and for cute shopping bags!


Clothes/Jammies/& Others!

I don't normally buy Pajamas or sleepwear often least not since I was in high school which was nearly 10 years ago! I normally just wear a lot of concert and other random shirts from conventions etc to sleep so when I was in Primark and saw all the cute stuff I just had to buy some new pajamas and some other random bits. 


Besides rabbit related things, I also love robots! I tend to collect things with robots on them too so the moment I saw these I just had to get them. These were £5.


I'm a fan of Winnie the Pooh. I grew up reading and watching the show as a kid and now I just like anything related to him and his pals in the Hundred Acre Wood. My favorite designs or illustrations of him are those done my E. H Shepard so this was another pair of bottoms that I had to buy! I also got a set of underwear to go with them hee hee. Bottoms were £7. 



My Little Pony! To be honest I'm not much of a MLP fan, but saw this more vintage design and liked it for it's cute factor. This is actually a sweater that was in the sleepwear section of the store, but it can just be worn as a sweater shirt too. Perfect for some Fairy Kei type coordinations and at £8!



Scottish Terriers! I got this since the pattern looks like my dog! Though mine is a Schnauzer, it was similar enough that I really wanted it! Also couldn't complain when it was just £3! Also I like having some normal t-shirts around for my lazy days. 


Jammie Set! This was actually my second time going to London and when I went the first time I bought a pair of Union Jack boxers. Well now I wanted another pair of boxer/sleepwear shorts and so I picked up this cute obviously so touristy jammie set. Together it costed me £5. 



Union Jack tank. Every girl needs one even if you don't even live in England haha. Also at just £3 so why not! 


Last, but not least are these pair of black bow heels! They're really low so they're more like flats. These were about £10. They're sort of big on me at a UK size of 4, which was the smallest they carried (so I'm more of 3, yea I have tiny feet).  With thick tights or socks they fit and since they're pretty low they aren't too hard to walk in. I just really wanted some nice low heeled shoes for certain occasions and while they're hard to see in the picture the bows on them are really cute! 



Overall Verdict 

Primark is a pretty awesome place. Relative to the prices in London, it was considerably cheap and reasonable. The quality was also really great as they're on par with stuff you find at Forever 21 and H&M. In other words you get what you sort of pay for though for me I was completely satisfied with what I found and bought. Primark is a great place though for basics or super casual wear like T-shirts, tanks, leggings, jeans, etc. I have read though that they have exclusive designs made for them though and they have a lot of licensed goods with Disney, MLP, and Marvel. So for those who are not in the UK and visit it one day I would highly recommend checking out a Primark! You'll spend hours in there shopping! 

Have you guys been to a Primark before? What are your favorite things from there? Feel free to comment and share! 

Thanks for reading everyone! Look out for more blogs in the future soon as I have a lot to share, upcoming hauls, Dolly related reviews and more! I promise to update and share more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment